Welcome to Bounce Drive, To get started, let’s first configure the Mail application. Once your Google Account is added to an application, it will automatically be added to the other two applications as well. In addition, each application has links to other applications in the sidebar, so it is very easy to switch between applications.
How to Set up Gmail in Windows 10:
Set up Gmail in the Windows 10 mail application.
- To open the Gmail inloggen application, simply click Start and type Mail. The main result should be Mail: a trusted application from the Microsoft Store.
- The main application is divided into three sections: on the left is the sidebar where you will see your list of email accounts and folders, in the center, is where a short description of all the emails in that folder will be displayed and the right panel the individual email is complete.
- Click Accounts in the left sidebar, then click Add Account in the right pane that appears.
- You can add an Outlook.com account, an Exchange account, a Yahoo email, an iCloud email, or any other POP or IMAP-enabled email account. In our case, we will select Google. Go ahead and enter your Google credentials and click Allow to allow Windows to access emails, calendars, and contacts.
- If all went well, you should receive a success message indicating that the account has been added to Windows.
- All emails from Gmail’s inbox should now appear within the Mail application. You will notice that, by default, the mail application only shows you the Inbox folder and you’re done.
- What if you have a lot of Gmail & tim mail tags? Well, go ahead, click on the More link and it will load the rest of your Gmail tags, which are basically folders in the Mail application. However, the panel disappears when you click outside, so if you need to access multiple tags at any time, we recommend that you right-click and choose to Add to favorites. These tags will now appear in the Inbox folder and can be accessed continuously.
- By default, the Mail application downloads only emails from the past 3 months. If you want to change it, you have to go to the setting. Then, click on the settings icon at the bottom right of the sidebar.
- On the far right, a sliding panel will appear where you can adjust various settings for the Mail application. At the top, you want to click Manage Account.
- Then, click on the email account for which you want to change the settings. In our case, it is for the Gmail Login account.
- Click on the account and a dialog will appear where you can edit the name of the email account, delete it or change the mailbox synchronization settings.
- Here you can choose when to download a new e-mail and if you want to download the complete message and images from the Internet.
- Below that, you can change how often you will sync contacts and calendars and how far you want to download the email. The only other option in the past 3 months is any time, which will download all emails regardless of the date.
Finally, you can disable email, calendar, or contacts individually if you wish. It is worth noting that you can also adjust this setting in exactly the same way in the Calendar and Contacts applications.